ModCBroker - Apache module, for effective building of CORBA applications WWW front-ends, easy integration CORBA applications into Web.
ModCBroker it is possible to create
WWW interfaces layer in
general CORBA infrastructure of enterprise information system and
clearly separate interface and business logic.
It considerably reduces administration time, removes problems of
incompatibility WWW server and data source (i. e. you can free plug
Oracle on Sun server or MS Sql on Windows NT with FreeBSD WWW from end),
allows to organize
handling of http requests without usual CGI overhead, allows naturally
integrate www front-end into general infrastructure of CORBA framework.
mod_cbroker is written on C/C++, CORBA servlet can be written on any
language, for which CORBA binding exists.
- Translation of WWW requests to CORBA requests, according to
IDL specifications, without spawning of external process for each request.
- Localization of using CORBA servlet by URL name, beginning
from directory prefix in URL URL, (which set in config file of Apache)
via CORBA Naming Service.
More detailed: let URL is:
Then, Apache module check:
- if |x| is set as cbroker directory in config,
- if yes -- get from NamingService servlet |y|, which is bound in
HTTPServ (i. e. id="HTTPServ", kind=""), under
- check permissions (ask username and password if necessary)
- call handler z in servlet y.
- Arguments for initializing of ORB, built into CBroker are set in
config file of WWW server by variable
A method of mediators for building web interfaces of corba distributed enterprise applications
Ruslan Shevchenko. Anatoliy Doroshenko.
Lecture Notes in Informatics V. 4 -
Proceeding of Information Systems Technology and its Applications 2001, 2001.
- OS: UNIX (Sun Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD) or Windows NT
- ORB: MICO, TAO, OmniORB, ORBacus 3.3.1, ORBacus 4.0
Few interesting facts about web applications performace